We all need to talk sometimes. We all go through dark times. So many readers reach out to me to talk, so I thought I would share some resources I found over on Tumblr that will help if you’re going through a difficult time.
In the United States, the following resources are for free and CONFIDENTIAL counseling:
- Chat anonymously with an Active Listener: 7 Cups of Tea
- Live Chats: crisischat.org (2pm-2am ET) or imalive.org
- National Eating Disorders Association or 1–800–931–2237
- S.A.F.E. Alternatives for Stopping Self Abuse or 1–800-DONT-CUT (366–8288)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline or 1–800–273-TALK (8255) or en Espanol
- The Trevor Project (LGBT crisis intervention) or 1-866-488-7386
- Rape Abuse & Incest National Network or 800-656-HOPE (4673)
If you are not located in the U.S., check out Tumblr’s Counseling and Prevention Resources. If you are, or someone you know is, in immediate danger, please call a local emergency telephone number or go immediately to the nearest emergency room.