According to reports from the Canon City Daily Record, a Master’s Commission student, Daniel LaCroix, 19, reportedly died from carbon monoxide poisoning Wednesday while on a mission trip in Moldova, Europe. According to the report, “LaCroix left for the discipleship school, the Master’s Commission Amsterdam Noord, in August of 2011. Kettle said LaCroix came home for Christmas and returned to the school in January.”
The Master’s Commission Amsterdam Noord blog confirms the report with these comments:
MCAN has tragically lost one of our own, Daniel LaCroix, in an accident last night. To say that Daniel was an incredible man of God would be to understate his passion, integrity, fortitude, unwavering-faith, and beautiful heart for worship. During our missions trip last week in Moldova, the team was able to hear Daniel speak multiple times on his deeper level of intimacy with God in these past few months. Today, we know he is experiencing the deepest of that intimacy as he stands before the love of his life, Jesus Christ. Thank you all for your prayers as our team misses and mourns the loss of our dear friend, brother, and student.
Daniel’s European memorial service will be hosted by his MCAN family this Sunday at 10:30 here in Amsterdam at Pinkstergemeente Agape Church 58 Kometensingel
Our thoughts go out to the LaCroix family.